What is a Payment Extension?
A payment extension may be requested by a customer to extend a due date for an overdue bill. This temporarily prevents the customer from having their service disconnected due to non-payment related to the delinquent, unpaid balance, for the duration of the extension. Extensions are intended to assist customers who find themselves in a situation where they are unable to meet their original billing due date as the result of extenuating circumstances.
Payment Extension Limitations
Customers may request payment extensions, subject to the following limitations:
- A customer may utilize a maximum of 3 extensions within any 12-month period
- A customer may not utilize extensions in consecutive months
- Accounts must be active for a period of 6-months before extensions can be granted
- A customer may only request an extension where they have one delinquent, outstanding bill payment on their account (e.g. up to two bills total – one delinquent and one currently owed)
- An payment extension may only be requested by the account-holder
- Extensions may not be longer than 30 days from the delinquency date (e.g. an extension requested in July for an unpaid billing statement issued in June may only be issued up to July 31)
- Requests for a payment extension must be made in writing by the account holder via the form below
- The account details for the requesting customer must be up to date. A Customer Service Representative may require the completion of a Customer Update Information form in order to process the extension request
Requesting a Payment Extension
Payment extension requests can be submitted here.